Vigomeano Community
18 Aprile 2024, 09:01:30 *
Benvenuto, Visitatore. Per favore, effettua il login o registrati.

Login con username, password e lunghezza della sessione
News: Nuova community di Vigomeano.it

Home   Help Ricerca Calendario Login Registrati  
Pagine: [1]
  Stampa  
Autore Topic: underneath that.  (Letto 1673 volte)
22sx7rp4
Visitatore
« il: 30 Maggio 2012, 17:57:46 »

St310005exa101 - St310005exa101 Works Great On My Mac!
I can't speak to the issues that some of the other reviewers have had, but I have to say I've been very impressed by this ST310005EXA101 drive. You've got to plug it in so it's not really an "on-the-go" kind of drive, but that's not what I needed. I have a couple of FreeAgent Go drives for that (and the reason I went with Seagate this time is because I've been so impressed with the other Seagates). This time, I wanted a big drive that I could use as a Time Machine backup for my MacBook Pro, and as a backup for all of the video files I've shot over the years. So far I've been very happy with this drive.
One thing I noted right away is that it actually has slightly more than 1TB of space! With every other external drive I've ever used the actual amount of usable memory has been a bit less than advertised, even after I've reformatted them. With this one you get what is advertised. It's a USB 2.0 data connection, and from what I've seen manages to move files more quickly than my older Western Digital 500GB desktop firewire drive.
For comparison, I tried moving a 2.15 GB video file back and forth between my laptop's hard drive and a few of my external drives. This one was fastest at both downloads and uploads - it would download the 2.15 GB file in one minute, 17 s. as opposed to 1 min., 40 for the portable FreeAgent Go and 1 min., 37 for the Western Digital. Uploading results were similar: it would upload the same 2.15 GB video file in 1 minute, 10 s.
while the other drives uploaded in about 1 minute, 20 s. So, it's pretty fast and does exactly what I need - I've got no complaints and am very happy about the price (which turns out to be almost exactly what I paid a year or so ago for my 320GB portable drive and much less than what I paid about 3 years ago for my 500 GB desktop drive). What's not to like?
One more thing, for Mac users. While this ST310005EXA101 is set up out of the factory to plug and play on Windows it can easily be converted to a handy Mac drive. Here's how:
1. plug it in to your Mac,de 2e soort, using the USB 2.0 cable provided with the drive
2. open up your applications folder, search for the utilities folder and then run "disk utility" (or,kleding en kleuren. Dit is niet alleen vervelend, just search for "disk utility" in finder or spotlight and click on it).
3. you should see an icon for your "1 TB Seagate Desktop Media" drive in the left column of "disk utility" and also a drive partition (as I recall it was called "desktop" but I changed the name) underneath that.
4. click on the icon labelled "1 TB Seagate Desktop Media" and you'll see a few options in the window; click "partition"
5. after this steps will vary depending on what you want to do with this. For what I wanted, I decided to create two partitions on my hard drive. So, under "volume scheme" I selected "2 partitions" then clicked on the top one and set it to 250 GB and that left 750.10 GB on the other one. For the "format" I selected "Mac OS X Extended" but you'd want to select the journaled option if you want to use either of these drives as a "boot disk". I didn't. Then hit "apply" and it will erase everything on the disk and break it into two sections.
Now when you plug in the hard drive two icons will appear on your desktop,Precies wat Voer ik deed, as if there were two separate external drives. I use the smaller one for regular backups and the larger one for storing all of my old video files. I'm sure there are lots of other ways to get an excellent value from this sleek and handy little drive. Enjoy!
Related articles:

Success with Cyber-Shot

as well as Ray Keating.

capital t understand what occurred. That\’

ppc marketing
Loggato
Pagine: [1]
  Stampa  

Salta a: