Vigomeano Community
18 Aprile 2024, 21:08:19 *
Benvenuto, Visitatore. Per favore, effettua il login o registrati.

Login con username, password e lunghezza della sessione
News: Nuova community di Vigomeano.it

Home   Help Ricerca Calendario Login Registrati  
Pagine: [1]
  Stampa  
Autore Topic: Debt Consolidation Loans And The Hidden Cost Of Making Minimum Credit Card Payme  (Letto 473 volte)
ac94ko30
Visitatore
« il: 05 Gennaio 2011, 00:27:34 »

Now, the next month you receive a letter with your statement saying that you are such a good customer they are going to reduce the minimum payment to 2%. Great, you think, I’ve only got to pay £60 month and I can spend another £30 down the pub. But lets look at what you are really paying. By making the new minimum payment only, it will now take you 28 years and 5 months to pay off your card and you will be paying a whopping total of £7,845.73 in interest. This is an extra 16 years and £5,131.57 in extra interest, rather an expensive trip to the pub I would say. So, maybe the credit card company isn’t being so friendly after all, maybe a debt consolidation loan with it’s higher monthly payments isn’t such a bad idea.
Copyright (c) Jan 2006 Colin Warburton
As more and more credit card companies are being “friendly” and allowing even lower minimum payments you may think this is a good thing. And you may be right if you are really broke, but beware, it is costing you a fortune in the long run,prada sunglasses catalogue, which of course is why they do it. Yes, I know it is a surprise, you thought they were being friendly! Unlike a debt consolidation loan that has fixed monthly payments (Assuming rates don’t change), you can vary the monthly payment on a credit card. Lets say you have a £3,000 balance on your credit card with an interest rate of 19% APR (Annual Percentage Rate) and the minimum payment allowed is 3%. In this case the minimum monthly payment is £90. By making this payment and not using the card for anything else,pandora bracelets australia, it will take 12 years and 5 months to pay off this card,christian louboutin brisbane, and you will have paid a total of £2,714.16 in interest!
Debt Consolidation Loans And The Hidden Cost Of Making Minimum Credit Card Payments By Colin Warburton At Isnare.com Ezine Articles
Oh yes I can hear you asking, but what about the credit card with zero interest,pandora jewellery perth, well, that is another article, but basically most people forget to change at the end of the period and end up with high interest.
I have been asked many times if it is cheaper to have a debt consolidation loan or many credit cards, some with zero interest. The first thing you need to decide is how quickly you want to pay the debt off. The best piece of advice is that you pay it off as quickly as possible. Lets have a look at the effects of making the minimum monthly payment on a credit card. I am from the UK so am using Pounds but the effect is the same in Dollars, Euros etc.
So I would advise you to pay more than the minimum payment and pay of the card as soon as you can. If you can, get a debt consolidation loan with a lower interest rate and a shorter term. You will save money in the long run!
Loggato
Pagine: [1]
  Stampa  

Salta a: